Thank you for volunteering to be part of our school community by generously donating your time and expertise to our school. Volunteers support the learning environment for our students.
Our school is committed to ensuring student safety. With this in mind, all drivers who are volunteering to drive any child other than their own will be required to complete the following documentation:
- Complete our School District’s “Volunteer Driver Information and Authorization Form.” You can download and print by clicking here: Volunteer Driver Application or pick up a copy from the office.
- Provide a copy of your Drivers License
- Provide a copy of your current Insurance for the vehicle you will be using including a minimum of $2,000,000 in Third Party Liability
- Obtain your Driver’s Record from ICBC on line at https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/. You will receive the record by email. Please print a copy of you record for the office or email it to us at email@example.com
- Apply online for a Criminal Record Check (it will be sent directly to the school office e-mail). If you have a BC Services Card all set up, go to https://iustice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck. If you do not have your BC Services Card set up, go to https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC. Use our schools access code: M3B66F2H85
Criminal Record Check applicants who do not have a credit history of at least six months or have not been living in Canada for at least two years will need to get a Volunteer Driver Letter from the school office and take it to your municipal police department.
We greatly appreciate all of our volunteer drivers taking the time to complete this process. For further information, please contact the school office.
*When not obtaining a Criminal Record Check through the BC Services Card, The Criminal Record Review Program verifies identities through an Electronic Identity Verification (EIV) process.
It is important to know that the Criminal Records Review Program is not running a credit report; it is only using the EIV to verify the applicant’s identity and to make sure the personal information contained in the CRC form is accurate. No information in this process is retained or stored by the Criminal Record Check Program.